Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter



Easter...


When I think about Easter,  bunnies and dying eggs come to mind not Jesus. I appreciate that this day represents JC's resurrection and I too like to be reborn daily... each morning I tell myself a brand new beginning... to do better... try harder... Revival of the fittest.


I remember when I was a kid, Easter morning meant pancakes, a treasure hunt and one of my favorite books being read by my Grandpa, The Velveteen Rabbit. 

“Real isn't how you are made. It's a thing that happens to you. Sometimes it hurts, but when you are Real you don't mind being hurt. It doesn't happen all at once. You become. Once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand. Once you are Real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.” 



Recycled Easter baskets the girls and I made... 
   

Table Centerpieces


                                 Check out the Easter Baskets I made for Rip + Tan 
                             http://ripplustan.com/blog/view/203/reclaimed-easter/      
                               http://ripplustan.com/blog/view/202/easter-baskets/








);